Book reading in USA
One of the blogs that I follow is bripblap.com by Steve. One of his recent posts was about love of learning and book reading. The statistics that he quoted in that post from bookstatistics.com, were very shocking and unbelievable. The situation is really scary if these numbers are accurate.
- 58% of the US adult population never reads another book after high school.
- 42% of college graduates never read another book.
- 80% of US families did not buy or read a book last year.
- 70% of US adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Buying audiobooks
- Protected: Happy 6th birthday, Ashwini!!!
- Care bears
- Inauguration of Obama